Friday, March 6, 2009

Log

Today I figured out a plan to build the roof. I will place a 1/8" thick x 1/16" tall dowel along the whole top edge of the walls as the treated wood block shown in the drawings. To connect this ledge and the actual roof which is sunken down 1 ft. from the top of the exterior wall I will use a 1/32" thick sheet, cut it to a 1/8" strip and line the inside of the exterior wall with this connecting it to the 1/8" thick sheet that will be the roof. The three components described above will compose the roof. Because the model is so small it is hard to make all the seperate layers that the roof consists of so I am putting them together and using the 1/8" thick sheet as the roof to represent them. The roof will then be covered with black sandpaper to represent the built up tar and gravel as the finished roof.

The problem we ran into today was insufficient materials to work with. I plan on going to the store early this weekend and being able to get back on track by working on construction over the weekend and again in class next week. We also still have to make the windows and doors so we must buy the clear window pane paper at the store as well. We are nearly finished with the construction of the scaled model.

I am continuing to update my mentor contacts, logs, and I handed in my press release yesterday. The next part of written work is the solution construction assignment. This is due March 18th. Presentations will be on the 26th and mentor contacts are due the 30th. Hopefully the whole project will be ABSOLUTELY complete by the end of March or beginning of April. I feel on top of my work and that we will finish strongly.

No comments: