Friday, February 27, 2009

Log

The windows and doors are all cut out so the wall construction is basically complete. Today we are continuing to complete the facade for the exterior of the building. The stucco is completed and dry and Kelly has begun putting fake brick print on the bottom of the walls. The written part of my press release is finished, I just have to add pictures. I plan on getting these pictures from uploading them onto my home computer from my camera and then sending them to school via BBS. I will also include drawings from class and put appropriate captions on all illustrations. Hopefully my press release will be completed by Monday in class or Tuesday during lunch.

Since I am at a stand still with the press release I will be working on the facade with Kelly and begin to discuss or plan out roof construction for the model. We seem to be about a week behind schedule according to my calendar but I purposely left extra time at the end of the marking period in case construction was a little slower than expected, as it has been.

Also, after discussion about how to model the exterior wall section I do not believe I will be doing presentation boards, only the drawings will be shown during my presentation. Ms. Green and I had come to the conclusion that displaying the materials and showing the construction of the actual wall would be too complicated so that will now be omitted.

I will be contacting my mentor this weekend with updates about the project and pictures of progress.

No comments: